Days 5 & 6, February 2nd-3rd, 2013


I've decided that I will take the weekends off from daily blogging, writing a summary post to go up on Mondays.

Weekend Update:

Saturday can be summed up rather easily: my back hurt, so we didn't really leave the SCCA House until supper, or dinner, as the Americans like to call it, despite dinner as a word coming from the French diner, which means lunch. For the sake of interest, supper comes from the French souper. I am right, and three hundred million Americans are wrong, QED. So there. Nyah.

Okay, maybe that wasn't the easy summary I was going for, especially since it didn't even cover the day. I also struggled with the internet, trying to play games with friends online. Again, the internet at the SCCA House is, in a word, poopy. I resolved to purchase a MiFi unit the next day. Mom started a puzzle, a large puzzle with a lot of pieces. I think it is of Big Ben, I'm not really sure, because I was busy raging at the internet.

We ended up going for burgers again, because neither of us had paid much attention to the posted hours of operation of the nearby Mexican ristorante, and again, we had missed it by that much. *holds fingers up, tips close together, yet apart*

On the upside, I had a lamb burger. It was delicious.

Sunday, we actually got up and did things.

We tried out the espresso place that is maybe forty meters from where I am standing (I have pronounced it quite good), obtained exercise shoes (because neither of us brought any with us, for some reason), found out that the Super Bowl was on later, inspected a family-sized room at the SCCA House (which we will be moving to, if Pete Gross doesn't pass Monday's inspection tour), meandered down to Whole Foods for provisions, and then, after returning the groceries to our room, of course, meandering further down to Pike Place Market. On the way to said Market, I obtained a Verizon Mifi unit, and life has been significantly easier, ever since (yes, I know that it hasn't been a day yet). We also peed in Nordstrom's, since it was the only thing there we could afford. A thousand bucks for a windbreaker? No spank you. We stopped in Macy's, where I bought alternate day-to-day shoes, and we waited in a surprisingly long line at a pharmacy/convenience store. People stock up on last minute things for the Superbowl, apparently. We did not watch the Superbowl, though I did catch a little of the half-time show on a bar-side TV at a restaurant called Etta's, which was tasty. The restaurant, not the half-time show, although Beyonce looks great for having had kids. She's had kids, right? I don't really pay attention to celebrities.

It was after six when we finished supper, and the market was closing down - it was Sunday, after all - so we walked home, over all of the hills. You can tell that Seattle is a walking city, because everyone has a fantastic butt. Seriously. This is a town of great butts. Butts. Butts butts butts. It's a fun word, you should try it.

We spent the rest of the evening reading and using our now functional internet connection. As I have discussed with friends, just earlier in January, having no internet is much easier to deal with than having shitty internet. We no longer have shitty internet.

"Carpe Diem, that's my motto. Well, that, and 'Everybody wang chung tonight.'" - from the movie Out Cold

Comments

Popular Posts