Day 60, Thursday, March 28th, 2013


The last three days have, with one major exception, been the continuing saga of my rectum (damned-near-killed-him), and how movements of the bowel (digestive dance moves, if you will) continue to present challenges. I've gotten newer and better topical things (while there was no Alamaba Ass Cream, there was apparently some Seattle Stink-Eye Ointment not a real name). This will to continue to present difficulties until my cell counts have risen enough to actually be counted and start doing their proper jobs again.

The major exception of which I speak is that Ash arrived yesterday! 

...after some significant delays caused by the failure of her locomotive to come on, baby, and do the locomotion with me (the engine failed, four minutes of travel time out of Seattle) YOU GOTTA SWING YOUR HIPS NOW [AWOOOO]

It was ten after three when she finally walked into my room, and it was so surreal to actually have her here that it took several full seconds for my brain to process what had happened, and, somewhere during that Herculean feat of processing, I'd gotten up from my bed and started hugging her. We did that for a while.

She stayed until seven pm, when she had to leave to catch the last shuttle back to the SCCA House. She could have stayed here in the hospital room with me, but she would have had to sleep on a little cot, and be woken up the same four-eight times a night that I was, by nurses and doctors making sure I hadn't become interesting during the night (being interesting is bad).  Because of that wild UWMC nightlife, I think that staying on the cot here is silly. Ash is staying for at least two weeks, and I should be out of here sometime around Tuesday, so we'll have plenty of time to spend in each other's company, especially since Mom is heading home to Canada on Friday, where she will be for most of the duration of Ash's stay.

It's like a big date. :)




Comments

Popular Posts