Day 37, Wednesday, March 6th, 2013

Apart from a visit to the SCCA for blood draw, to assess my platelet levels post-apheresis, and a change of dressing on my Hickman line, I slept a lot. I slept in before taking the shuttle down, and I took a three hour nap when we got home. Oh, I shaved, too; it was important.

Mom, in an effort to let me sleep, went off to her bed to read, and ended up also taking a three-hour nap. We are champions.

When I woke up, I discovered that my line was leaking again, so I spent the rest of the night applying pressure to the area, and by bedtime, it was stable again. Spent most of the evening combining the act of applying pressure with video chatting, actually.

To disambiguate, when I say that I'm tired, what I mean is that I'm bone weary, but a lot like a toddler that hasn't been put down for a nap all day. I'm irritable, I'm cranky, and I don't like anything, but at least I don't cry and mess myself. (Who coined that phrase, really? We put down animals. Every time someone says they're going to put down their child, I picture Old Yeller.)


Comments

Popular Posts