mmmm.... interns...

I've also had two photophoresis treatments in the interim between posts. It's fairly uneventful, really. I show up, two nurses hook me up to a machine that by turns takes blood from me, centrifuges out my platelets, gives said platelets back to me and repeats until it has enough plasma built up to treat. At any given time, the machine has about 10% of my blood in it. Once there's enough plasma, they inject a psoralen into it, it gets treated with UVA light for about twenty minutes and then it all gets pumped back into me.

Total elapsed time: ~3.5hrs.

Now, the first treatment was actually a really good time, because my good buddy Ben came with me to keep me company, and the man is something of a shameless shitshow. He's charming and funny and, again, shameless. The time passed quickly. Ze dermatologist even made an appearance, hot intern in tow, and we teased the crap out of her. Under other circumstances, one or both of us would have tried to get her number.

Comments

Popular Posts