Not even the oldest guy here

I'm on campus, it is the first day of school of the second term, and I am looking for relevant journal articles for a design project. Whee. WHEE.  Well, actually, it is fun, somehow.  I am in the library, my cane is on the desk next to me, and students are slowly piling in, as classes let out.  Most people appear to simply be killing time, as I sort of am, today.  Sort of.  As soon as I finish this, I will commence with the reading of journals.  I wonder if I still have those papers archived at home anywhere?  They're for a related topic, might be something interesting in there.  I suppose I could always just rock up to the lab and use one of those computers, assuming I still have employee access with the university.  I might, you never know.

On the medical front, I am doing, on the whole, much, much better.  My eye has cleared up (it was quite the problem area) and other lesions are doing similarly well.  My hands took a bit of a beating, but that's because of several compounding effects:  I was using conditioner on a daily basis while my hair was long; I ran out of my cleansing lotion; and I hadn't had phototherapy for about two weeks, due to xmas holidays and suchery.  Which reminds me that I need to order more interferon, as what I have has expired.  If things keep going the way they're going, though, I should be able to get off all of these treatments at some point in the next year or so.  Year and a bit, really, as the interferon course is two years total, and I'm not quite past the one year mark yet.  Still, you have to understand that having what appears to be an attainable goal/deadline for the effective resumption of normalcy in my medical comings and goings has been something of a fantasy for me, for the last several years. 

I'm walking places, too.  I walked down to the hospital for phototherapy, yesterday.  My roomie came and picked me up, rather than have me walk back, but it was still incredibly liberating.  I can't handle daily distances yet and I still need the cane, but major progress has been made.  Major.  Give me another couple of months and I'll be a real boy again.

Oh, and I got a haircut. 

Comments

Popular Posts