re-jab

I have just done my interferon injection for the night.  For the first time in seven months, I forgot to actually dial the dosage before I inserted the needle.  What the hell?  I ended up standing there for about twenty seconds, needle tip stuck into a pinched up bit of flesh on the right side of my abdomen.  Just standing there, looking in the mirror, trying to figure out if it made more sense to just leave it in and dial the dose or to pull it out, dial and re-jab.

I went with the re-jab.  I'd already sterilized the area, and anyway the actual jabbing is relatively painless.  Oh, sure, the first time I ever did an injection I almost had a full blown panic attack, but I got over that right away.

Two tylenol now, two tylenol when I wake up in four or five hours, which always happens on interferon nights.  

My sharps bin is about two-fifths full.  Crazy.

Addendum:  My foot is almost completely healed.  Just waiting for the last of the residual radiation damage to go away, and then physio!  Might be walking by Christmas.  I'll take that as a present.

Comments

Popular Posts